PORT OF SPAIN – A Belmont man will reappear before a Port-of-Spain magistrate tomorrow, charged with 25 counts of having sex with a minor.
Adeknu Emmanuel Johnson, 28, was not called upon to plead when he appeared before Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor in the Seventh Court yesterday. Johnson is alleged to have committed the offences between May 2011 and June 2012, at various addresses in St. Clair, Belmont and St. Ann’s.
The offences include rape, buggery, grievous sexual assault and indecent sexual assault. The acts were allegedly committed by Johnson as he took the minor to and from school. Remanding Johnson in custody until tomorrow, the magistrate ordered officers to verify an alternative address at Balandra, where Johnson will be staying if he is granted bail. Johnson was represented by attorney Garvin Ramseepaul.
Johnson was arrested last week after investigations by Snr Supt Wayne Boyd, ASP Ajith Persad, Sgt Singh and Cpl Carmichael of the Central Police Station. The same group of police was also instrumental in arresting a 60-year-old man of no fixed place of abode, in connection with a series of break-ins in the Maraval area.
The suspect was arrested last Thursday and was positively identified by several people. (Guardian)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App