PORT OF SPAIN – Opposition leader Dr. Keith Rowley’s 72-hour deadline to the Prime Minister to fire Attorney General Anand Ramlogan from her Cabinet expired yesterday unheeded.
In fact, Persad-Bissessar yesterday added the newest member to her team – attorney Christlyn Moore, who was sworn in at Knowsley House, Port of Spain as the Minister of Justice, replacing the fired Herbert Volney.
Contacted by the Express, Rowley said he preferred to deal with the issue at the PNM’s public meeting in Five Rivers, Arouca last night.
On Sunday, Rowley called on the Prime Minister to remove Ramlogan as Attorney General, saying that Ramlogan, like Volney, was responsible for the Section 34 fiasco. (Express)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App