PORT OF SPAIN – Former national security minister Brigadier John Sandy has been appointed to replace Therese Baptiste-Cornelis as the Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago to the United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
A release from the Office of the Prime Minister stated yesterday that Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar met with Sandy and handed over the instruments of appointment in the presence of acting Foreign Affairs Minister Dr. Roodal Moonilal.
The release states that Sandy is expected to take up his appointment as diplomatic representative to Trinidad and Tobago in a few weeks.
Baptise-Cornelis, the former health minister was appointed ambassador last year after she was removed from Persad-Bissessar’s Cabinet. (Express)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App