A 25th minute goal by Corey Barrow was the cause of great celebration last night for Red Tridents as they defeated Bajan Pride Ballers 1-0 as action in the LIME Pelican Football Challenge continued at Kensington Oval.
With a markedly different line-up compared to last year and under the watch of a different coach, Bajan Pride went behind mid-way in the first-half and did well to keep the score-line that way in the face of a determined Red Tridents. But despite some spirited play, especially in the second half, the score remained unchanged.
Arantes Lawrence’s 44th minute strike was enough to get Akademiks over the victory line in their match-up with Bajan Elite.
Fire House came out blazing in their game against 360 Connection, cruising to a 3-0 win thanks to goals from Llewelyn Broomes (32nd), Kemar Bartlett (58th) and Paul lovell (81st).
Next week Galaxy take on TS Strikers, Red Snappers do battle against Combined All Stars, and Top Bay Settlers go up against Strike Force.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App