Sagicor Life Inc is stepping into the future of insurance with a game app for mobile devices, designed to highlight the importance of protecting your loved ones.
Agakon: The Flight for Life made its debut at the recent 2012 Animekon pop culture trade show at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre. Visitors to the event were given the opportunity to play the new game, designed for Android devices, at the company’s booth. One player who gave the game high marks was Jabar Caddle whose top score of 32,400 won him a voucher for merchandise from Apple product reseller, iShop.
Caddle, who was thrilled about his win, remarked “I was surprised that Sagicor had a booth at Animekon, and even more so that they had a game. After playing it, I found it extremely addictive and fun, but informative.”
Game designer Steve Fung-A-Fat, Director of Technology at Flying Fish Studios collaborated with the team at Sagicor Life Inc. to develop a motion sensitive game, controlled by tilting the device used.
Assistant Vice President, Marketing, Tracey Knight Lloyd views the game as a positive development.
“Our aim was to make insurance engaging for the Animekon audience by utilising a familiar medium. The response was very positive and I think it is vital for companies to utilise new media if they intend to succeed in today’s business environment.”
In the future the game app will be modified for PC users and other mobile device platforms.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App