The eight-year-old Barbados Photographic Society opened its first online exhibition 13.1 N 59.3 W on Monday.
The exhibition which takes its title from the geographic coordinates of global position of Barbados will run until November 15th. The exhibition features the current work of 24 of its members, showing predominantly local images in the categories of Human Interest/Portraiture, Landscape/seascape, Nature, Architecture and Abstract/Other. The collection of 90 images on display match the high quality and creativity of the regular printed photo exhibitions that have been mounted by the Society’s members at the Queens Park Gallery, The Errol Barrow Centre for Creative Imagination and other local galleries.
The exhibition can be viewed at http://webex.barbadosphotographicsociety.com
The Society, which is a forum for amateur photographers to practice their art, learn new techniques from experts and exhibit their work to the public, has 115 members.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App