KINGSTON – Fifty-seven million dollars will be spent to celebrate the achievements of Jamaica’s athletes at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Heroes’ Day weekend celebrations run from Sunday, October 14 and go until Monday, October 15.
The activities will include a church service and cocktail reception hosted by the Prime Minister on the Sunday and a public event at the National Arena the following day.
Twenty-million dollars of the amount will be provided by the private sector while the rest will come from Government coffers. (Observer)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App