As celebrations continue to mark 50 years of universal free public education, there is a photographic exhibition you should not miss.
Depicting education throughout the period 1962 to 2012, patrons viewing the photographs at the Grande Salle of the Tom Adams Financial Centre, will be taken on a journey through time as they see images of uniforms, educational institutions, including defunct schools; educational activities such as workshops, the trade unionists, the use of information technology, transportation, and portraits of persons who worked in education, such as Principals, Teachers, Chief Education Officers, Education Officers and Ministers.
The early years of the School Meals Department are also captured.
The exhibition ends on October 11. (DS)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App