Two Barbadians and a Vincentian were assisting police with investigations into a drug seizure just off the coast of the country yesterday.
Police Public Relations Officer Inspector David Welch said in a release that members of the Drug Squad assisted by elements of the RSS and the Barbados Coast Guard conducted an operation approximately four nautical miles off Needhams Points, Christ Church where a vessel was intercepted.
“As a result 16 polythene bags of cannabis weighing 817 pounds along with the boat were seized,” he said.
In another matter, Welch said two people were currently in custody assisting members of the Drug Squad in connection with the discovery of three pounds of cannabis which came through a Courier Service on September 11 this year. (DS)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App