CAPE TOWN – West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo will not be part of the Chennai Super Kings team during the Champions League because of a thigh strain.
Sri Lankan bowling allrounder Nuwan Kulasekara will join the Chennai squad, which is already in South Africa, as Bravo’s replacement.
Bravo had participated in the recently concluded World T20 in Sri Lanka in which West Indies emerged tournament victors. Bravo was playing only as a batsman in that tournament because of his injury and had also missed a couple of matches in the tournament.
Bravo had previously opted to represent his IPL franchise rather than his native Trinidad and Tobago. His countrymen Sunil Narine and Kieron Pollard are also representing IPL franchise teams rather than their home team.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App