Lester Vaughan drew first blood yesterday when they defeated Ellerslie 44-38 at Black Rock, St. Michael as the United Insurance Schools Basketball Tournament got underway.
The game was close for most of the first half but a series of turn-overs late in the game by Ellerslie saw the visitors exploit their hosts’ slack play to take the six-point win.
Defending Division 2 champions, St. Leonard’s Secondary, had the game gifted to them at their home court when Deighton Griffith Secondary were not present for the encounter when the referee blew for the match to start. They never showed up.
In the third game of the afternoon, rain intervened at half-time at Paddock Road much to the relief of the visiting Alexandra School. The score when the heavens opened up were Garrison 46, Alexandra, a paltry 7 points.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App