Government has reaffirmed its commitment to netball, promising to continue providing the requisite equipment, playing facilities and coaching and technical assistance.
Acting Permanent Secretary in the Division of Culture and Sports, Ernesta Drakes, gave this assurance yesterday, while addressing the opening ceremony of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Netball League at the Netball Stadium, Waterford, St. Michael.
Drakes said that as the Ministry sought to develop youth through sports, it was acutely aware of the need to support the various disciplines.
“I have been truly heartened by the level of participation in the sport of netball through the years, as it offers a sound option for our youth and contributes to their positive development.
“It is, therefore, commendable that the executive of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Netball League has resuscitated the discipline of netball across our secondary schools. Judging from the number of teams here today, it would be safe to say that we are on the correct path to success,” she said.
Acknowledging that sporting activity
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App