Contemporary artist Corrie Scott is opening a whole new set of doors to photography.
In fact, she is showing off an entire “doors series”, offering a different perspective on the gateways.
“[The] thinking behind my doors is that we are fast losing the hand-made wooden doors and I have, over 25 years or more, been photographing them to at least have them visually for the future.
“I believe they are so beautiful even the very old ones with peeling paint,” she told Barbados TODAY.
If you visit her website, corriescott.net, you will see 16 different doors in the Caribbean Doors series which will take to you back to yesteryear and a time when most Barbadian homes featured the entrances carved by craftsmen.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App