SYDNEY – Shane Watson has rated Chris Gayle as the best T20 player in contemporary world cricket, amid suggestions that he himself is regarded by many as one of the finest players in the format.
Watson will be representing Sydney Sixers in the ongoing T20 League while Gayle will be missing in action as none of the T20 franchises he represents have qualified for the event.
The Australian is regarded as the finest all-rounder in international cricket and is second only to Jacques Kallis.
He was declared the man-of-the-series in the recently concluded World T20 tournament in Sri Lanka.
“I know playing where I do as an opening batsman and bowling the overs that I do that I’m going to have some impact on the game good or bad,” Watson said.
“In the end, it’s nice if people do say that, but there’s no doubt that for me, Chris Gayle is one of the most amazing players you’ll ever see. To see the things that he’s done consistently in Twenty20 cricket in all competitions is pretty amazing. I think you really can’t go past Chris.”
Watson said Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga was another contender for the No.1 player as he was a “bowler who’s had a significant impact on games that he has played in all competitions.”
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App