There was plenty of pork, roast breadfruit, cow heel soup, pudding and souse, buljol, and fish cakes on the menu as dozens of Barbados Labour Party supporters limed at Hobbie’s Canteen in St. Joseph recently.
Political Leader Owen Arthur joined Member of Parliament for the area, Dale Marshall, at the event in Lammings where the members of the branch and others from the constituency joined in several games of dominoes and cards while chatting about a range of issues.
Also attending were candidates Peter Phillips, Indar Weir and Kerrie Symmonds.
The BLP’s Pat Parris said that event was to give the party’s members a chance to interact with Arthur as well as Marshall in a social environment. She noted that other branches of the Opposition party had been holding social events, not only for their members, but for the constituents on the whole.
On Sunday at 4:30 p.m., the party faithful can join candidate for Christ Church South Dr. Jerome Walcott at the opening of his Maxwell branch office.
The opposition leader is expected to address the event. (DS)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App