Heavy persistent rain created havoc with matches today in the David Thompson Memorial Constituency Councils Football Classic.
The showers resulted in six postponements of games involving St. Michael South East and St. James South, and St. Thomas and St. James Central at Bridgefield; St. Michael West Central and St. Michael South, and The City of Bridgetown and St. Michael West at Westbury; St. Philip West and St Michael Central, and St. Philip North and St. Michael North East at Hilda Skeene.
Games will be re-scheduled in the coming weeks and these teams will have to wait a little longer to add points to their tallies.
A decision will be made by tomorrow morning on whether games scheduled for tomorrow evening will be played.
Those matches are: St. Philip South vs St. Michael North West at Valerie at 6 p.m.; St. Michael South Central vs St. John at Valerie 8 p.m.; St. Michael East vs Christ Church East Central at James Bryan at 6 p.m.; St. George North vs Christ Church West Central at James Bryan at 8 p.m.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App