Karaoke lovers and singers have been coming out in their numbers since the start of the second edition of the Best of the Bars Caribbean contest.
The action has been hot and the contest keen and the fourth preliminary, held on Monday at Rupa’s Bar on Baxter’s Road, the City, was no different.
At the end of the event, both David Howard and Errol Malik Gooding claimed victory and some might say that Malik, who sang Liar, had the edge. Howard sang End of the Road by Boyz II Men.
Each contestant is required to choose a song in the first round. In the second, he or she chooses a genre, listens to ten seconds of a song that falls under that heading, and must then sing it.
Monday night’s action will take place at Vic’s Wagon Wheel, St. Jude’s, St. George.
Preliminaries are also being held in other participating countries.
The finals, which will see contestants from across the region competing for the big prize, take place at Divi Southwinds Resort between November 30 and December 3. (DS)
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App