Robin The Undertaker Mustor in his Mustor’s Wholesale Liquors Team Xray XB9, simply buried his competition when day three of the fourth racing season for the Radio Operated Auto Racers got underway yesterday at the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex, Wildey, St Michael raceway.
Competing in the 1:8 “modified” off road class, Mustor won all three of his scheduled races with ease and clearly indicated that he was the man to beat when he defends his title at the upcoming national championships scheduled for November 4.
Chris Wadman in his Wadman Brothers Kyosho MP9 was the only competitor who proved to be a serious threat to Mustor at times, recording two well deserved second places and one third.
His team-mate Matthew “Left Ball” Whitney in his Mugen MBX 6R, secured one second and third place to make it a good day at the races for Team Wadman Brothers.
In the 1:10 on road class, Corey Stanford in his Serpent 733 made light work of the other drivers in this class and easily took the first of two races from Seymour “Taxi” Byer in his Mugen MTX 4R while Nigel Thomas placed third, also using a Mugen MTX 4R.
The second race saw Thomas reap sweet revenge with a consistent drive and forced the Birkett Brothers, Corey and Jeremy, to settle for second and third places respectively. Stanford did not start the race due to mechanical difficulties.
Nick Harrison in his Mugen MBX 6R, continued to stretch his unblemished record even further by producing another hat-trick of victories in the 1:8 “open” off road class.
Day four will resume at 2 p.m. this Sunday .
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App