The role of men and their contribution to building a better society will be the focus of two workshops to be hosted by the National Task Force on Crime Prevention tomorrow and Saturday, October 27, at the Amaryllis Beach Resort, Hastings, Christ Church, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
School-aged males, 13 to 18 and others drawn from communities, aged 19 and older will be the target of the workshop.
The sessions form part of activities to celebrate Crime Awareness Month, as the seminars are also a contribution to the One Man A Month initiative created by Mount Zion Ministries.
Topics to be explored include: Masculinity, Socialisation, Crime and Its Impact on the Family, Men as Perpetrators and Victims of Crime, Men’s Health and Entrepreneurship.
Interested persons may contact Modupe Sodeyi or Cherisse King at 436-4742/46 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. (BGIS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App