The exciting action in the University of the West Indies’ Academy of Sport’s Hockey Competition culminated today with the women’s final at 8.30 p.m. and the men’s at 9.15 p.m.
The men’s final is being contested between the UWI Alumni and UWIHC (Harrison College), while UWI Alumni came up against UWI2 in the women’s final.
In action during the week UWI Alumni defeated UWIHC 2-1 with goals for the winners coming from Keisha Jordan and Shani Best scoring for UWIHC.
The UWI team drew 5-5 with UWIHC in men’s competition, with Kris Holder (four goals) and Jamar Lashley scoring for UWI, while for UWIHC Kamar Bovell (2), Paul Gill (2) and Justin Catlin scored.
The match-up between UWI1 and UWI2 was decided by a Patrina Brathwaite goal for the latter. And in men’s action the UWI Alumni defeated Staff 3-1. For the winners Paul Reid (2) and Peter Harris scored while Kumar Hinds got the consolation goal for the staff.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App