Leader of the Opposition Owen Arthur thinks St. Lucy MP Denis Kellman “needs a gag”.
Arthur made his feelings known last evening at the nomination of current St. Andrew MP George Payne as the Barbados Labour Party’s candidate in the next general election.
The BLP leader was speaking in the context of Government not fulfilling promises to residents in the north of the island, including St. Peter, St. Lucy and St. Andrew.
This included a planned massive development at Pickering, St. Lucy, which Arthur called “a hoax”.
He also felt Kellman, who is Minister of Industry, Small Business and Rural Development should be kept quiet.
“The one from St. Lucy, (MP Denis) Kellman, has promised the people of St. Lucy an airport. I feel that we can help save some money by not giving him an airport, he needs a gag; put something on his mouth to stop him from talking,” the former prime minister quipped.
Arthur claimed the north of the country had “taken the brunt of DLP savagery and it is wrong”.
“It is time to put Barbados back on a path of growth, it is time to put Barbados back on a path of development, it is time to put Barbados back on a path where our people once again feel that they are living in a country that is aspiring to greatness, but this cannot happen unless we reverse some of the wrong things that were done by the Democratic Labour Party during the course of the last four years,” he said. (SC)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App