Physical Education Teacher Roger Broomes is “unfit to be employed in a school environment” and should be terminated.
That’s what sole commissioner Frederick Waterman has recommended in his Alexandra Commission of Enquiry report. The section of the report on Broomes stated:
“Mr. Roger Broomes is a first cousin of the principal. He came into prominence when he was Resident Beat Officer in the Royal (Barbados) Police Force, assigned to the Deacons Farm Area and was later dismissed from the force.
“The hiring practices of the principal when he employed his cousin, his cousin’s girlfriend, his daughter (temporary vacation job) caused one board chairman to accuse him of nepotism.
“Roger Broomes has been engaged in a number of activities at the school, which make him in the commission’s view unfit to be employed in a school environment.
“The activities of Roger Broomes cannot be a credit to an institution of learning such as the Alexandra School and can do nothing towards the restoration of harmonious relations.
“The commission recommendations that the Ministry of Education and the board of management should take steps to terminate his appointment.” (SC)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App