West Indies middle-order batsman Kirk Edwards had valuable batting practice ahead of the tour to Bangladesh as the practice match against the West Indies Sagicor High Performance Centre ended in a draw at the 3Ws Oval today.
From an overnight 39 without loss in their second innings, the West Indies scored 262 for five off 87 overs with Edwards, the Barbados captain, top-scoring with 72. He batted for 193 minutes, faced 134 balls and hit seven fours and one six.
Opener Kieran Powell with 61 was also among the runs after resuming on 25. His overnight opening partner Assad Fudadin missed out on an extended batting opportunity, adding only ten runs to his overnight 10. Darren Bravo again showed good form with 48 while Barbados’ multi-skilled middle-order batsman Jonathan Carter chipped in with 19.
Narsingh Deonarine finished not out on 24 and Sunil Narine, ten.Left-arm spinner Jomel Warrican took two for 59.
The match was in preparation for the West Indies tour of Bangladesh which starts next week.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App