Visits to the Geriatric Hospital on Beckles Road are being restricted because of an outbreak of influenza among patients.
The Ministry of Health this evening advised persons visiting relatives to restrict their attention to family member and not “wander on to other wards”. In addition, persons who are experiencing flu-like symptoms are advised not to go to the Geriatric Hospital.
Family members are requested to follow the instructions given by management and staff at the Geriatric Hospital, as steps are being taken to treat the affected patients and ensure that proper hygiene practices are followed by staff and patients. This is in the interest of the health of patients, visitors and staff.
The Ministry of Health said it regreted any inconvenience caused as a result of this temporary measure.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App