Some St. James residents will shortly be able to enjoy a newly repainted play park thanks to the donation of several cans of paint to the Husbands Gardens/Westwood Park Volunteer Group, a sub committee of the St. James South Constituency Council.
The donation was made by Regional Sales Performance and Business Development Manager at Harris Paints, John Marshall, at their Wildey branch last Tuesday.
Secretary of the volunteer group, Eleanor Jordan, noted that Harris Paints was approached for assistance in having the play park repainted for Independence and Christmas celebrations and the company immediately offered to sponsor the repainting of all the equipment.
Marshall expressed delight at being able to help the group in its upgrading and decoration of the play park for Christmas.
Jordan also disclosed they had an ongoing “Donate a Bulb” campaign in which supporters could donate $5 towards the purchase of a bulb and socket so that the park could be lit for Independence and Christmas.
Interested donors can contact the group at email@example.com.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App