Work at the Westbury Cemetery came to a temporary halt this morning after a worker was shot.
It was around 8:30 a.m. when Andrew Knight, who was cutting the grass, heard shots ring out before feeling a burning sensation. He was shot under his left buttock.
He was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in a private vehicle and underwent surgery.
Police Public Relations Officer Inspector David Welch said Knight was in stable condition.
Investigations are continuing.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App