The courts of Barbados now have two new appointments.
High Court Judge, Kay Goodridge, who has been acting as Justice of Appeal since the retirement of Justice Peter Williams, was officially appointed to the post yesterday afternoon, in a swearing in ceremony before Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave.
In the short ceremony at the Government House, Acting Judge Olson Alleyne, was also appointed to that substantive post, now serving as High Court judge.
Both appointments took effect today, November 1. (LB)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App