The death of a patient of the Psychiatric Hospital has left staff and others there in shock.
Sources told Barbados TODAY that Reginald Padmore, who has not spoken one word in 11 years, allegedly stabbed another patient, Ernest Edwards, six times with a chisel about the upper part of his body.
The incident, which took place this morning around 8:30 prompted authorities there to investigate how the accused was able to get his hands on the implement from the secure ward, which is undergoing maintenance.
Padmore was being held at the Black Rock, St. Michael after he was convicted of murdering a man in River Bay, St. Lucy years ago.
He was taken to the police station and was later returned to the Psychiatric Hospital.
This newspaper understands that the deceased was also at the institution after being convicted of murder.
This afternoon, Minister of Health Donville Inniss was on the compound for a meeting where the incident was discussed. (DS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App