With the playoffs looming Springer Memorial got good court-time yesterday when they defeated Queen’s College 25-14 at Husband, St James as the Powerade Under -19 Secondary Schools Netball Competition continued.
Goal-shoot Shakeilia Smith was in excellent touch missing just four of the 24 attempts she had at goal as she led Springer’s offence. Goal attack Khadija Domingo with five goals from eight attempts rendered her good assistance.
For Queen’s College, Cheyne Thomas scored 10 goals from 16 attempts while Niara Forde netted half of her eight attempts at goal. Queen’s College, though, suffered from a lack of consistent service to their front-line. That the team made about the same number of attempts at goal as Smith alone did, exemplified the difficulties Queen’s College experienced getting the ball to their attack unit.
After the first quarter, Springer led 8-4, and they increased this to 14-7, and 20-12 at the succeeding intervals.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App