3 lbs pig trotters or meaty pork
4 large limes, squeezed
Salt to taste
1 medium onion, chopped very fine
1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped fine
1 hot pepper, deseeded and chopped
Wash and clean pork very well. Place in a large saucepan of boiling water and simmer until tender.
Remove the meat from the saucepan and plunge into cold water. When cool, remove and cut into bit sized pieces. Cut trotters in half.
Put the pork into a bowl and make a brine with the lime juice, water and salt to taste. (About 2 cups of brine)
Mix this with the onion, cucumber and pepper, then pour over the meat.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving. Garnish with parsley.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App