KINGSTON — A trial date of January 21 has been set for controversial dancehall entertainer Vybz Kartel and his co-accused in relation to the murder of Clive Lizard Williams.
The case was called up in the Home Circuit Court this morning, where Kartel was remanded.
Prosecutor Joan Barnett said she was ready to proceed.
However, Kartel’s attorney Valerie Neita Roberston is appearing in another matter and would not be available.
Also on trial are fellow entertainer Shawn Campbell, more popularly known as Shawn Storm, fashioner designer Calvin Haye, Andre St. John, and Kahira Jones.
Williams was reportedly killed at Kartel’s home in Havendale, St. Andrew, on August 16 last year.
It’s reported that Williams and another man were taken to the entertainer’s house to give an account for a lost firearm.
Both men were reportedly attacked with Williams being beaten and stabbed to death while the other man escaped. Williams’ body has not been found.
The other man is expected to be the prosecution’s main witness. (Gleaner)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App