An elderly woman is tonight recovering after she was attacked.
Sometime after 9 this morning 63-year-old, Emily Ellis, was robbed of close to $3,000 in jewellery while at Ellis Road in Bush Hall St. Michael. Royal Barbados Police Force Public Relation Officer, Inspector David Welch, told Barbados TODAY that she received abrasions to her hands but that she was doing well at the time.
He said that police responded quickly to the scene and while several areas in Bush Hall were searched but they came up empty handed. Welch said the assailant was said to be tall, of slim build and at the time wore a scarf which covered his lower face. Any person with information on this crime is asked to contact the police at 211 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800- tips. (KC)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App