The Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic went on a rampage when the ninth series of the 2012 Coca Cola Barbados Under-19 Schools Football competition continued yesterday.
Their unlucky opponents were St. Lucy Secondary, soon to be renamed The Daryl Jordan Secondary, who suffered a 9-1 defeat at the hosts’ Wildey, St. Michael home ground.
For the SJPP Romario Small scored a beaver-trick, Reshawn Brathwaite a hat-trick, while Shaquille Beckles and Jadai Clarke were the other goal scorers. Shaulon Collymore scored the consolation goal for the visitors.In other Group B action, Coleridge and Parry had a virtual party at Ashton Hall hitting six past Grantley Adams in a 6-2 mauling.
Deighton Griffith continued their improvement with an impressive away 3-2 victory over Lester Vaughan at Vaucluse in the same group.
Akeem Harris, Kevin Scott and Kadeem Brewster scored for the winners while Stefon Caesar and captain Randy Kwang scored for the losing home side.In Group A action, Pine Hill St. Leonard’s won a hard fought 3-2 victory against Alleyne School in St. Andrew while Princess Margaret suffered a 2-1 loss to visitors Queen’s College at Six Roads, St Philip.
Matches played yesterday: Princess Margaret 1, Queen’s College 2 Alleyne 2, St. Leonard’s 3 Combermere 1, Alexandra 3 Lester Vaughan 2, Deighton Griffith 3 Coleridge & Parry 6, Grantley Adams 2 SJPP 9, St. Lucy Secondary 1
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App