The Warrens Polyclinic, will close at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow, November 9, to facilitate preparations for the renaming ceremony to be held the following day.
The Polyclinic, which was established in April 1976, will be renamed in honour of the late Eunice Gibson, a nurse, who is also credited as founding the Barbados Registered Nurses Association in 1936 and a number of other nursing associations. Minister of Health, Donville Inniss, will deliver the feature address at the ceremony, which will begin at 4 p.m.
The Warrens Polyclinic was the first facility to be given the designation polyclinic, offering multiple services under one roof. (BGIS)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App