1 large whole chicken or two packs of chicken quarters,
1 pack of chicken steppers,
1 pack pigtails (optional)
1 pack green split peas
5 English potatoes
1 medium size yam,
1 medium size pumpkin, 1 pack broccoli, 1 pack Green Giant corn on the cob, 6 large eddoes,
4 large carrots
1 pack okras
1 pack brussel sprouts,
2 large onions,
1 bottle Country Boy seasoning,
1 pack Maggie Soup It Up, powdered seasoning (marjoram, thyme, parsley, Italian herbs, granulated garlic, cayenne pepper).
1 whole garlic
Method: Boil split peas in a large pot filled halfway. All onions, garlic, soy sauce, soup it up, package seasoning and teaspoon of oil. While they are boiling, cut up the chicken, take off the skin and soak in lime and salt. Also cut the nails off the steppers and soak the steppers, after breaking them in half. If using pigtails, boil in separate pot.
Add chicken and steppers to the pot with the peas etc. While the meat is cooking peel and slice vegetables. Check the pigtails and if they are cooked, cut them up and add to big pot and let simmer for a while. Add vegetables, but make sure the corn, pumpkin and vegetables go in after other veggies are cooked, because they cook quickly.
Keep checking and tasting to your satisfaction, and if needed add salt to taste.
Let soup cool for a bit and then serve.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App