Rodney Weekes, of Marley Vale, St. Philip died this evening after being involved in an early morning crash at Ashbury, St. George.
Weekes, said to be in his 50s, was driving a car when it and a Transport Board bus collided around 7:50 a.m. He was taken to hospital in an unconscious state, while his passenger, Michael Blackett, 51, also of Marley Vale, suffered cuts about the body.
Speaking with Barbados TODAY at the accident scene, Sergeant Roland Cobbler said the bus was transporting 46 students to the Grantley Adams Memorial Secondary School. He said that 20 people on board the bus, including the driver, 57-year-old Lionel Jones of Haggatt Hall, St. Michael, complained of pains. They were treated at the scene by three doctors from the QEH.
The car was extensively damaged while the bus received minimal damage. (KC) (Photo by Christoff Griffith)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App