Members of the ruling Democratic Labour Party will take their fight to the heart of Opposition Leader Owen Arthur’s power base tomorrow.
It will take the form of “a mass canvass and walk through of the St. Peter Constituency with the DLP candidate Senator Haynesley Benn, starting at 9 a.m. Persons taking part will meet at All Saints Training Centre, Mile and A Quarter, St. Peter.
There will be a press conference afterward at the centre at 11:30 a.m., when Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, along with Benn, will address a number of issues.
Meanwhile, the St. Peter branch of the party will hold a special meeting on Sunday at 5 p.m. at the Alexandra School. Featured speaker will be Minister of Agriculture, Food, Fisheries and Water Resource Management, Dr. David Estwick, who is also MP for St. Philip West.
Other speakers will be Minister of Health Donville Inniss, Minister of Tourism Richard Sealy, Minister of Industry, Small Business and Rural Development, Denis Kellman as well as Benn.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App