Prime Minister Freundel Stuart yesterday dispatched a congratulatory message to President Barack Obama of the United States following his re-election Tuesday.
That message read: “On behalf of the Government and people of Barbados I wish to convey sincere congratulations to you on the occasion of your re-election as President of the United States of America.
“The resounding mandate given to you by the American people is a sure indication of their satisfaction with your leadership over the past four years and of their confidence in your capacity to lead them over the next four years.
“I feel sure that you have the strength of character, even in the face of challenging economic circumstances, to bring continued motivation, hope and progress to your country and its people.
“I wish to assure you of my commitment to further strengthening relations at the bilateral, regional and international levels as we continue to work towards building a world governed by the principles of peace, democracy and the rule of law.
“I extend best wishes to you, your family and your administration as you embark on this new stage of pursuing the development and prosperity of the American people.
“Please accept, Mr. President, the assurances of my highest consideration.”
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App