The Barbados Entrepreneurship Foundation is on a mission and Sagicor Life Inc. is lending its full support.
In the lead up to the Foundation’s third National Entrepreneurship Summit on November 16, Sagicor Life Inc. has come on board as a sponsor of the event, providing $10,000 in support.
In a statement to the media the board of the BEF said they were confident that by the year 2020 Barbados could establish itself as a global hub for entrepreneurship. One of the tools being employed to drive Barbados toward this goal is the establishment of the annual Entrepreneurship Summit.
Programme Manager at the BEF, Chris Harper, commended the regional insurance company for its involvement.
“The BEF is delighted to have the support of Sagicor this year,” he said. “This shows real commitment to the development of the Barbadian entrepreneurial community from a company that is focused on the future and is bold enough to take a pro-active leadership role.”
Each year the summit features presentations and workshops by leaders in the fields of commerce and entrepreneurship. Business professionals and aspiring entrepreneurs will be presented with a wealth of information over the course of the one-day event. Presentations will include topics such as “Survival Tips for a Recession”, “Funding and Finance” and “Growth Strategies for Entrepreneurs”.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App