PORT OF SPAIN — An eight-year-old Ste Madeleine schoolboy was found hanging hours after a close female relative complained to doctors that she was hearing voices in her head.
Demario Ragoonanan, of Fourth Street, Ste Madeleine, was found unconscious, hanging by a curtain in a bedroom.
The female relative also attempted to hang herself with a piece of rope, but escaped death after the rope broke, police said.
Relatives took the child for medical attention but he was pronounced dead at hospital.
An autopsy conducted at the Forensic Science Centre, in St. James by Dr. Hughvon Des Vignes concluded that the child died of ligature strangulation, which was consistent with death by hanging.
Police detained the female relative and took her for psychiatric evaluation at the San Fernando General Hospital. By afternoon, doctors deemed her fit to be interviewed by police, and she was taken to the Homicide Bureau (South) and was awaiting questioning.
Ragoonanan was a Standard Two pupil of the Ste Clement’s Vedic Primary School. (Express)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App