The union representing close to 12,000 public servants has put new salaries proposals on the table for Government to consider.
The National Union of Public Workers, which met recently for the first time with senior officials in the Ministry of the Civil Service, is asking for an eight per cent hike in the first year and two per cent in the second.
“These were only exploratory talks. The ministry would have looked at what we proposed and considered the state of the economy and additional industrial relations items we had put on the table. A group of ministry officials involved in the process, would now go away and look at costing,”
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App