Melville Williams is a shining example of hard work and dedication is a true craft man of our fate who we are proud of calling A Beacon of St. Peter and indeed Barbados.
Residing in Lonesome Hill. St. Peter he can be dubbed the oldest entrepreneur in Barbados at the age of 102 years.
He was born on February 2, 1910 and at an early age began informal lessons with his father’s workmen who taught him the trade of making saddles along with riding horse and buggy.
Throughout his life here on the island, he has worked with all the estates in the parish of St. Peter and some in the parishes of St. Lucy and St. Andrew.
Williams is a believer in transferring of knowledge and is eager to relinquish his workshop and to teach the trade of making saddles and other apparel for horses to the youth in a hope that the craft would not vanish when his work on earth is completed.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App