The Kiwanis Club is driven by six objectives that underscore and drive its partnership with Republic Bank. From inception, the bank has been proud to be associated with the annual Silver Dollars for Children charity.
Recently, Senior Manager of Administration and Operations, Juta Thorpe, presented treasurer of the club Lennox Prescod, with the bank’s annual contribution to the Silver Dollar for Children drive.
Over the years, Kiwanis Club has contributed the funds from this drive to several charities across the island in support of children in need. Last year Kiwanis donated $55,000 to the seven charities supported to assist them with their work with children.
“This year we are hopeful that we will surpass [that] amount, but with the collection still in progress, [however] it seems as though we might not reach our target,” said trustee of the Silver Dollars Charity, Ian Estwick.
A team of dedicated staff members from Republic Bank look forward to this event annually and join with the Kiwanis Club to assist with the coin collection in Independence Square.
“The experience is always an enjoyable one. Being able to play our part to help children in need is always rewarding, ” said Marketing Officer Republic Bank, Sharon Howell.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App