The Sagicor West Indies High Performance Centre easily defeated a Barbados XI by seven wickets in the second Twenty20 practice match at the 3Ws Oval last night.
The Barbados select squad batted disappointingly to be dismissed for 98 in the 20th over. A new name to the senior team who has stirred quite a bit of interest with his belligerent batting, Justin Brathwaite, top-scored with a quick-fire 27. But there was precious little else to give selectors much satisfaction.
In response the High Performance Centre got to their target in the 19th over for the loss of three wickets.
Grenada and Windward Island’s batsman Andre Fletcher made a relatively subdued 37 before retiring hurt while fellow Windward Islands’ batsman Keddy Lesporis made 36.
Jamar Griffith was the best of the Barbados XI’s bowlers taking three wickets for two runs in four miserly overs.
Summarised scores: Barbados XI 98 all out (19.5 overs) (Justin Brathwaite 27; Jomel Warrican 3-12). HPC 99-3 (18.3 overs) (Andre Fletcher 36 retired hurt, Keddy Lesporis 36; Jamar Griffith 3-2. (WG)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App