2 tbsp oil
1 cup onions, finely chopped
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
Salt to your taste
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp eschalots (finely chopped)
1/2 lb, salted cod fish, cooked and flaked
1 large fresh hot pepper ( finely chopped)
In a heavy frying pan, heat the oil and saute the onions until they are just wilted.
Place flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Make a well in centre and pour egg, butter and milk. Mix together lightly, then add the onions, eschalot, salted cod fish, salt and pepper.
Stir well. Drop by tablespoon full into hot oil, but do not crowd them in the pan. Cook for about three to four minutes until they are golden brown on both sides.
Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper. Serve very hot.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App