PORT OF SPAIN — Point Fortin police officers retrieved a shotgun, five pistols and 1,230 rounds of .38 special ammunition on Saturday evening after being alerted of an illegal transaction by a caller to the Point Fortin Police Station.
Reports are that around 3:15 p.m., the station received a call from someone who said a vehicle had left Cedros containing the weapons.
Officers responded and gave chase to the vehicle – a white Hyundai Elantra.
The driver stopped the car near Soomai Trace, in Cap-de-Ville, and escaped on foot. He was the vehicle’s only occupant, police said.
When the officers searched the vehicle, they found the pistols and ammunition in the car’s trunk and the shotgun in the back seat. (Express)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App