November is always filled with sentimental reflections of a Barbados gone, but that nostalgia should never be so construed to hide the fact that many of those days were extremely hard for our foreparents.
Look at the woman on the right, balancing her oil stove on her head while holding a coal pot in the right hand and a “monkey” in the left. And it looks like so many other precious items are being moved in the boxcart. We’ve certainly come a long way!
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App