Police are investigating the death of an inmate of HMP Dodds.
Acting Public Relations Officer, Station Sergeant Stephen Griffith, said that the body of 31-year-old Johnathan Sherwin Wesley Dottin, of Dash Valley, St. George was discovered at 7:35 a.m. hanging from a window in his cell.
He was serving a 15-year sentence for manslaughter.
An inmate since May 3, 2005, Dottin was first charged with murder but later had his sentence reduced, said the Prison’s Public Relations Officer, Ryan Phillips.
He also said it was during the routine morning checks that Dottin, who is believed to have committed suicide, was found. (DS)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App