The funniest thing you’ll ever hear
Is to hear her call…
Comforts! Toffees! Package of nuts!
Tell me wha yuh want young fella!
Thanks in part to the Merrymen’s immortalisation of the Bajan nutseller, younger Barbadians can still get a mental picture of this Barbadian legend. The netsellers, seen here in the Fairchild Street bus stand of old, are part of a dying breed who proudly declared how they provided for their families with their trays.
We salute you — a proud symbol of Independence!
Photos compliments Media Resource Department of the mInistry of Education.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App