Eight women have advanced to the finals of the 2013 Banks Calendar Girl competition.
Competing last night, at the Oistins Bay Gardens before a large crowd, the finalists were chosen from a field of 16.
After the judges — Banks’ Brewery Manager, Akash Ragbir; Sales Manager B&B Distribution Ltd, Nigel Lobo; Malcolm DJ Malcolm X Small; Miss Banks Golden Girl 2012, Christine Wiggins and Creative Entrepreneur Toni Thorne — deliberated, they chose the best of the contestants from the costume, swimsuit, and question and answer segments.
The finalists are: Shakela Bellamy; Deanne Campbell; Neisha Cave; Simona Joseph; Sheldine Mapp; Shawntelle Marshall; Nakita Ollivierre; and Regina Ramjit.
The finals are slated for December 6 at the Bay Garden. (DS)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App